MODES OF DELIVERY: Face to face, On-line synchronous lectures, Case study analysis and discussion, Student self-learning of teaching material
USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY: Power point presentations, Google meetings for on-line delivery, Youtube.com for watching and discussing educational videos on destination management case studies
COURSE DESIGN: Lectures, Case studies discussion
STUDENT PERFORMANCE EVALUATION/ASSESSMENT METHODS:
- Students have to submit an individual project requiring them to select a destination of their choice and develop a strategic plan for the development of its tourism offering. To achieve that, the assignment guides and requires students to conduct:
- an internal destination analysis (resources, stakeholders);
- an external analysis: competitors, partners, demand;
- design of a tourism offering for a specific market segment;
- development of stakeholder collaboration strategies for implementing the destination plan.
The students’ assignments are assessed based on their ability to identify and critically use appropriate theory (SWOT analysis, market segmentation, tourism offering design, stakeholder collaboration) for completing the above mentioned tasks.
2. A final exam will be sent by email with two questions. The students will have to answer to the two questions, providing evidences for their arguments (introduction, 2 or 3 paragraphs, conclusion). They will have to send back the final exam by 48 hours.